Post Falls followed its first league championship in girls soccer with its first victory in a 5A Region I tournament on Thursday, 1-0 over visiting Lewiston.
Kelcie Hedge scored at the 28th minute and the Trojans defense did not allow the Bengals to record a shot on goal in the loser-out game.
Post Falls will host Lake City, a 1-0 victor over visiting Coeur d’Alene, on Tuesday at 3:30 p.m. for a state berth.
Lake City won on Megan Bare’s goal at the 62nd minute. Timberwolves goaltender Tiegan Horton made five saves.
• Great Northern League: Pullman remained undefeated in league play at 8-0 (24 points) with a 2-0 victory on the road at Clarkston (4-4, 11). Becky Birchett, assisted by Cayla Whiteside, scored in the first half, and Madi Sameshima added the Greyhounds’ other goal in the second half. Dakota Wickard made six saves. … Chae Brown picked up her fourth hat trick of the season and host Cheney (4-4, 13) scored a 4-0 win over Colville (0-7, 0). … East Valley moved into a second-place tie with West Valley at 5-3 and 15 points as the Knights defeated the host Eagles 2-1. After a scoreless first half, the game’s three goals were scored in a 16-minute span beginning with Madison Meade’s score at the 61st minute. Bethany Junkins tied the match at 75:00 before Kendra Morscheck put in the game-winner 2 minutes later. West Valley outshot East Valley 15-7 but Nikki Roemer had eight saves.
• Intermountain League: Katie Baxter had a hat track as host Coeur d’Alene Charter beat Priest River 8-2.
• Intermountain League: Bonners Ferry blanked host Priest River 7-0 as seven players scored.
• Great Northern League: Colville took a 25-12, 15-10, 25-18 victory on the road at Cheney (4-4) to remain undefeated and on top of the league standings. Leanna Carr led the 7-0 Indians with 28 assists and five aces. … Pullman (6-2) rolled to a 25-15, 25-18, 28-18 victory over host Clarkston (1-7) behind nine kills Brittani Harvey. Jolene Herzog had 20 assists and five aces for the Greyhounds. … Host West Valley (1-7) tied the match at 1-1 before East Valley (7-1) pulled away 25-20, 22-25, 25-6, 25-10. Callie Hanson piled up 40 assists and had four aces for East Valley. Sam Geibel, Elisha Alfred and Erin Wallman all had 13 kills for EV. Wallman added 15 digs as did the Eagles’ Katelyn Sage.
• Inland Empire 5A: Kylie Curtis had 26 kills on .382 hitting as Lake City downed visiting Post Falls 22-25, 25-17, 27-25, 25-19.