Six people were inducted into the Idaho Athletic Hall of Fame during the 52nd annual North Idaho Sports Banquet Saturday in Coeur d’Alene.
The inductees were former Pittsburgh Steelers and Idaho State University running back and current ESPN football analyst Merril Hoge; former Idaho football coach Keith Gilbertson; former Idaho and Coeur d’Alene High football player and current Kansas State assistant Mike Cox; former Idaho football player Ryan Phillips; Dr. James “Doc” Lynn Jr.; and late Coeur d’Alene High teacher and coach Gary “Big Daddy” Rasmussen.
Also honored as the Legends team were the Troy girls basketball and volleyball teams from 1991-98 coached by Bobbi Hazeltine.
Here were the high school and college award winners:
• North Idaho college coach of the year: Wayne Phipps, Idaho track and field.
• North Idaho college team of the year: Idaho women’s basketball.
• North Idaho college female athlete of the year: Stacey Barr, Idaho women’s basketball.
• North Idaho college male athlete of the year: Sam Adkins, Lewis-Clark State College track and Vincent Giulio, North Idaho College wrestling.
• Boys tennis: Rafa Hewitt-Steiger, Lewiston.
• Girls tennis: Caitlin McHugh, Coeur d’Alene.
• Boys golf: Derek Bayley, Lakeland.
• Girls golf: Amy Hasenoehrl, Lewiston.
• Boys swimming: Bryce Kananowicz, Lake City, and Wyatt Jager, Moscow.
• Girls swimming: Maggie deTar, Post Falls.
• Baseball: Levi Pereira, CdA, and Blake Andres, Potlatch.
• Softball: Casey Stangel, LC.
• Boys cross country: Sam Levora, Sandpoint.
• Girls cross country: Emily Callahan, CdA.
• Boys soccer: Timmy Mueller, Post Falls.
• Girls soccer: Emma Weme, Sandpoint.
• 5A/4A wrestling: Ryan Klemp, Lewiston.
• 3A/2A wrestling: Rowdy Paul, Potlatch, and Blake Ivie, Kellogg.
• 5A/4A volleyball: Emilee Schlader, Lewiston.
• 3A-1A volleyball: Taylor Erbst, Orofino.
• 5A/4A boys track: Zion Stuffle, Lewiston.
• 3A-1A boys track: Kevin Hill, Kamiah.
• 5A/4A girls track: Maddison Ward, LC, and Wednesday Walton, Post Falls.
• 3A-1A girls track: Brittney Heideman, Nezperce.
• 5A/4A boys basketball: Kyle Guice, LC, and Tyrel Derrick, Lakeland.
• 3A-1A boys basketball: Jake Bruner, Prairie.
• 5A/4A girls basketball: Sydney Williams, CdA.
• 3A-1A girls basketball: Katlyn Summers, Priest River, and Kyndal Ulmer, Prairie.
• 5A/4A football: Chase Blakley, CdA.
• 3A-1A football: Cody Self, Troy.
• 5A/4A North Idaho female sports coach of the year: Conner Baranski, Sandpoint, Dale Poffenroth, CdA.
• 3A-1A North Idaho female sports coach of the year: Lori Mader, Prairie.
• 5A/4A North Idaho male sports coach of the year: Shawn Amos, CdA.
• 3A-1A North Idaho male sports coach of the year: Skip Hall, Grangeville.
• 5A/4A female team of the year: Lake City softball and Lewiston volleyball.
• 3A-1A female team of the year: Genesee volleyball.
• 5A/4A male team of the year: CdA football.
• 3A-1A male team of the year: Prairie basketball.
• Female athlete of the year: Emilee Schlader, Lewiston.
• Male athlete of the year: Matt James, CdA.